About The Pickwick Pharmacy
The Pickwick Pharmacy
The Pickwick is a local, family-owned drugstore and soda fountain that is celebrating more than 75 years in the prescription business. Its customers reside in Greenville County, and the employees have been with the pharmacy for a combined 133 years. In addition to boasting fast, no-wait prescription service, The Pickwick offers delivery service, complimentary gift wrapping, and a focus on the schools and community. The soda shop seats approximately 50 people, serving simple sandwiches, shakes and malts, fresh-squeezed orangeade and lemonade, hotdogs and chili dogs, 20 flavors of ice cream, and cherry and vanilla cokes served from a 1949 soda fountain.
The business is locally run and owned by a third generation of Odoms, a family born and raised in the city of Greenville. The Pickwick is one of the few locally-owned, non-chain pharmacies that remain in SC and is located at 3219 Augusta Street in Greenville, SC.
Furman Pickwick Sandwich Shop
The Pickwick is a neighborhood pharmacy and soda fountain and has been serving the local community since before World War II. In 1933, The Pickwick began as a soda fountain, founded by Francis Odom and Harold Trammel (Francis’ brother in law). The Pickwick was located on Augusta Road near Main Street in the current Warehouse Theatre space, just a block away from Furman University in the area that is now County Square. Many of the patrons were Furman University students who visited The Pickwick for sandwiches, shakes, and cherry cokes.